E-File IRS Form 2290
The IRS has simplified the process of filing Form 2290 and paying your HVUT taxes with the ability to E-File 2290. Anyone who is filing a return with 25 or more vehicles is required to file electronically, but everyone is encouraged to do so. Through an IRS Authorized E-File Provider, like ExpressTruckTax.com, you can E-File Form 2290, pay your HVUT taxes owed to the IRS and receive your 2290 Stamped Schedule 1 within minutes. Having the option to E-File makes the annual filing process quick and easy.
Click here to learn more about how to efile 2290? https://www.expresstrucktax.com/hvut/e-file-form-2290-online/
If you own a taxable highway motor vehicle that is registered or required to be registered in your name under state, District of Columbia, Canadian, or Mexican Law
- E-file your 2290 and get your Stamped Schedule 1 back within minutes**
- E-file 2290 Amendments Including Weight Increases and Exceeding Low Mileages
- FREE 2290 VIN Corrections Forever*
- The ability to receive your Stamped Schedule 1 via Email, Fax, or Postal Delivery
- Receive Text Message Notifications
- Free re-transmissions of Rejected Returns
- Free automatic tax audits in place
- Automatic Proof of Payment when the IRS Accepts your 2290
- 24/7 Friendly US based Customer Support via phone, email, and live chat
*For returns originally filed through Express Truck Tax
Who is required to file a Form 2290?
The Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) is an annual tax on heavy vehicles with registered gross weights equal to or exceeding 55,000 pounds and travel on public highways. The total gross taxable weight of a vehicle is considered the combination of the unloaded weight of the motor vehice plus any fully loaded trailer that vehicle customarily carries on the road.The IRS Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return, is filed on an annual basis to pay the HVUT due for any given tax year which runs from July 1st - June 30th of the following year. The Stamped Schedule 1 is considered your Proof of Payment for the HVUT Tax.
We are confident in the acceptance of your HVUT 2290 tax return when you e-file with us that we offer an unprecedented money-back guarantee. In case of any IRS rejections, we'll work closely with you to fix the problem and ensure you receive the stamped Schedule 1 or issue a full refund.
Click here to learn more about ExpressGuarantee
How does ExpressTruckTax work?
- Create an Account
- Enter your Business & Vehicle Details
- One Click Transmission of 2290 to the IRS
- Receive Your Stamped Schedule 1 Via email Within Minutes.
Help Video: E-filing HVUT Form 2290 Tutorial with ExpressTruckTax
How do i get started?
Simply create an account using your email address and a password of your choice. Click Here to register now
Here is a brief checklist of what you will need to create your account:
- Your Business Name and Address
- Your EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- VINs (Vehicle Identification Number) for every vehicle you need to file for the Taxable Gross Weight of your vehicle(s) which is a combination of:
- The registered unloaded weight of the vehicle with it is fully equipped for service.
- The actual unloaded weight of any trailers/semitrailers that are customarily used with the vehicle
- The weight of the maximum load that is customarily carried on that vehicle-trailer combination.
Choose One of the following IRS tax payment option
To file an IFTA quarterly tax return you will need:
- Electronic Funds Withdrawal (Direct Debit)
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) if you already have one of those accounts set up
- Check or Money Order Using the 2290V Payment Voucher (Still Re ceive Your 2290 Stamped Schedule 1 Within Minutes of E-filing)